Saturday, September 15, 2012

What my job does to me. :D

There are just certain things you have to live with for a portion of your life. One that tops the list is your job. Like it or not, u just gotta stay. It's not just about the money and it's not about the loyalty or anything else. You just gotta stay cuz u have to. Like how a mole buries itself for reasons best known only to itself. I gotta stay in my job (it's more like an internship) and this does matter in my CV (Curriculum Vitae' man!!). But the entire problem is.. I don't even bother about my CV. So how does it matter what comes in it? :O

My passion : Photography : : Profession : Chartered Accountancy
My soul : Writing : : Job : Auditing
My job : Stipend : : Passion : Forget it. Nothing

Ina padichu ina prayojanam (translated as "What study what use?"). Oru mannum ille. People still spit pan on roads, say "can you be able to do this faar me?" and let out grizzly bear burps in public. Yeah. Gross. Anything can be poruthufied but THAT. So yeah. coming back to work. Am posting this blog after eons and as irrelevant as it sounds, the major contributing factor to not letting me write is my work. It's Saturday and am actually delighted that i get an "OFF" on a Saturday! Seriously? U think i must be kidding and a total gekas, but no. I am taking an "off" on Saturday and God Save, am THRILLED beyond words. These days i don't mind going to work on Saturdays cuz i at least get to work casuals. And no working on a Saturday means no need to call up Fastrack Call taxi in the middle of the night (cuz my friend and i keep forgetting that we gotta go back to the village a.k.a the client's place the next day and the next and the next) I celebrate it by playing 'Move like jagger' i dunno how many times. God bless Maroon 5 :D

I am all excited that am going to meet one of my closest friends after-i-dunno-how-long on a SATURDAY THAT I GOT AS A NON-WORKING DAY :D And I was supposed to submit a work paper today (Yeah. Did i tell you that am working from home? And hell yeah, am in casuals :D *Cheap thrills i say*). I beg and literally fold my palms and ask alms for two hours grace time because i gotta see my friend whom i haven't seen in ages (I already told you that). What perfect timing! So after some struggle, i do get permission from my senior with a rider which says "Your work paper has been due since yesterday and Boss is asking for it. Do send the work paper tonight without fail" I was thinking to myself (I generally don't think aloud, thankfully) "Duh! Like i gotta choice. Not like i am gonna get sleep today too." So i lock my system (I dun shut down my system these days, you see. Let the battery go to hell. I never know when I will be asked for work papers so it's always alive. I just wake it up :| ) and i get ready and land my butt at her place. She feeds me with her home-made cakes and ice-cream, her mom's amazing mix- veg parotta which beats the Saravana Bhavan one, btw and she pampers me like i was born just to eat and despite all the food in her place she is a scrawny stick figure (Yeah of course. I oly said she fed me. I dint say she ate right?) Anyway, i hog to my brain and heart's content and am like 'Uh oh. Should i go home and work?' The other part of my brain says "Gekas. Like you have a choice" and smirks at the useless despondent side (No. Teensy weensy portion ) of my brain. I just shrug it off and go home, change into home casuals and unlock my system and stare at the 800 line items of the Cost that am supposed to classify and perform an "Analytical" cum "Substantive" testing on. So I stare at it and start colouring the sub groups so that i can filter the groups so that i can pull out a pie diagram for my "Analytical" testing. And oh yeah, what will I write for my "work done". This shit i explained to you above? :O No way! Bad way to exemplify ignorance. I start doing the mundane task and am into the 347th line item when suddenly passion overrules and i decide to write this blog.! Hola! (Translated as Holy Christ!) This has taken  thirty minutes of my time and thirty minutes means another 100 line items. Dammit. And this is just my first file. I gotta give TWO files. Say hi to Ms. Owl. :|

Am into the 456th line item ( Did i already mention to you that i suck at multi-tasking? Am just at 456. Another 344 to go. Ha! I at least got the math right :D ). So i better get back to my pie (Food? I wish!! No u gekas. My pie diagram!!!) and vouching (Oh darn I didn't tell you about the substantive testing part, did I?)  . I also got to attach tick marks (a.k.a explanatory notes as to why I haven't done some important testing that I was supposed to do :P and no, going to my friend's place on a Saturday on which i took off, doesn't count). So, that's 42 minutes spent on this blog :D Thanks for all the patience and for reading my rambling. Just don't tell my manager okay? Now if you will excuse me, I got another 1144 line items to go (includes the 800 in the second file too. Elementary math. DUH!) :D :D

Cheers,
The Phoenix :D:D





No comments:

Post a Comment