Thursday, August 02, 2012

Pain- The Comeback



When I see you, my heart explodes
I find beads of sweat rolling down
I feel like running to the washroom right away
My palpitations increase
For I feel fireworks inside me
Boom-Bang- OUCH!!
I tried forgetting you
Tried letting you go
Decided I wouldn’t have
Anything more to do with you
But there you go
Secretly and always finding a way
 Back into my stupid self
I hate you for making me a lovelorn loser
If only you could shut up
And get lost
To just get the point that I don’t
Wanna talk to you
For I cannot trust my stupid heart anymore
You are the iron heart and I am the useless magnet
You are happy with others
I’ve had enough and decide to leave
When you arrest me with that puppy face smile
I melt like a candle that has never been lit
My brain regains its senses after a momentary paralysis
No points for guessing who would be the reason for that
My brain regains its senses after a momentary paralysis
And urges me to go my way
When you time it to perfection
And come to say a hello just like yourself
I cannot look you in the eye
For the fear I would be lost
In those beautiful pupils that should have belonged to me
I look at you with shifty eyes and try to converse
Normally, just like old days
But it can never happen and we both know it
You sense that am uncomfortable
Another trait you picked up from those days
When life was simpler when we were just best friends
You sense that am uncomfortable
And that I don’t belong there
Amidst your gang of friends
You lead me to the door and see me off
I manage to mumble a bye when you look me straight in the eye and say, “Take care”
I simply nod and start walking towards my car
I don’t wish to see you again
For its like burning myself all over again
Things may be simpler to you
However it isn’t for me and even though you understand
That I have loved you far too much
You could tell me to “move on”?
The fireworks are fizzling out
The waterhole is loose
My eyelids are creaking under pressure
I pick up pace and literally run towards my car
For the drops tugging at my eyelids are threatening to break free
But they catch up and all hell breaks loose
I curse myself under my breath
For being such a sissy to let my brave face crumple in front of you
I look behind me to see if you are still near the door
When I am convinced that you are not, relieved,
I give myself all that I need
The sobs turn into full grown tears
And as I fumble for putting the keys correctly into the door hole
Squeezing myself shut in the comfort of my car
I swear to myself that this shall be
The last time I cry for you
A promise I have broken everyday
In all these years
“We cannot happen” was what you said
I never begged you to love me back
You got me all wrong
I would have been euphoric
If you did accept me
But I have never forced you to
That was what hurt me the most
The salty water was streaming down my cheeks, three rows together
I don’t even want to wipe my face and the tears continue
Tickling my cheek as they move towards my chin as if mocking at me
I hope to God that you are happy
When I hear that there’s another girl in your life
I’m happy for you and that only increases my love for you
In boundless heaps and emotions
The tears are in a rage and fury
And I close my eyes
In an attempt to stop them
I start the ignition and adjusted my rear-view mirror
Only to find your image in my mirror
Standing at the window watching me all this while
A pained expression full of pity
That fleeting glance I saw of you
Was enough to burn my insides
I decided that at least for your sake that I should be happy
And wait for my guy to come and sweep me off my feet
I know its near impossible now
Only time will tell
Guilt-ridden, I force myself to look away from the rear view mirror
And mutter a final goodbye to the only guy I have loved… 

No comments:

Post a Comment