Thursday, August 09, 2012

She's the man :D :D :P

Okay am sure most of you will love this blog :D At least the guys would cuz it's gonna be all automobiles, football, Eminem, Hard rock, heavy metal and simply no girly stuff. So yeah u got a fairly awesome picture of me already. Yeah, am a typical tom boy. If Koenigsegg Agera and the Bugatti Veyron Vitesse are my die-hard favourite fashion statements and ManU is my favourite FC (translated as Football Club :D- that was meant for the girly girls :D No offence meant :D ) and Metallica, Linkin Park and Eminem are my Demi-Gods, BINGO! You are awesomely right about guessing what i do in all my free time :D

I somehow find absolutely nothing awkward sitting among a gang of guys, being more like a guy than a girl, talking automobiles and sports and capable of decent comebacks at digs, fairly decent General knowledge, strictly no nail polish and girlie coochie-coos permitted with me :D Once, my guy friends and i were having a discussion. Something about a particular car model. As it got a little more interesting, (for i love challenges, especially when it comes to discussing automobiles), my friend warned the other with whom i was battling- "dude don't u go around challenging her about cars Please!!!" LOL. It was hilarious to listen to that. If you thought, that was it, i won't disappoint you. My guy friends don't even seem to regard me a girl! We- around 10 of us, 3 girls (including ME!!) all went out for lunch and then the other 2 girls had to leave. So yeah i told my friend 'so looks like i'm gonna be the only girl today too' for which he goes like 'girl? there are no girls here now!' Now u see what i'm talking about? :D

The first thing i do when i see this friend of mine is summarize what i watched on TopGear last night and only then we feel obligated to start the day off. We discuss at length about Inline-5 engines Vs. V6 engines, talk about the new Innova V6 costing 15 lakhs as against it's V4 predecessor (which i drive). We talk about the interiors of the Evoque (Range Rover) that Victoria Beckham has designed, hand-stitched leather interiors and how relieved we were that she hasn't done a real sissy job out of it. We were at length talking about the Aston Rapide and the Cayenne Turbo and of course the Grand Sport Vitesse (Yeah THE Bugatti) being a 1200-odd bhp 16.4 L engine flooring at a maximum speed of 320kmph (that's just the highest TESTED speed!). So yeah, once we are done with the warm up for the day, we settle into easy conversation about music and then he goes "i swear i can't believe i'm talking to a girl about Eminem and Metallica!!" I ROFL (not giggling, mind you!).

Me friend and I were discussing cars (like DUH!!) and suddenly he tells me, 'girl, i swear i haven't seen another girl THIS crazy about automobiles and by the way i also don't understand any blog of yours' and he was the one who spotted me listening to Eminem rapping every single heartbeat  and i was too involved in the song that i do what i usually do- try to rap along with him (maybe i shall upload a video soon enough :D) So he comes and asks me 'are u even girl? seriously man, you are damn cool'. Another friend of mine, comes up to me and says, (after we had a serious discussion about what Van Persie is gonna do about his career and that ManU also doesn't seem to be signing him; am sure even he wouldn't be as concerned!! :D) "U like. Oops no. Sorry. U LOVE automobiles, u love football, you listen to heavy metal and rock. Are you also into girls?" I burst out laughing and after i convince him that i am always and shall be very much straight, i turn my attention back to the latest Top Gear review :D He gives up :D One of the guys asks me 'What's your favourite colour?' I go 'green'. He was like 'Thank God. I thought you would say pink'. I gave him a disgusted look and asked him, 'You really thought I WOULD SAY PINK? for which he says almost immediately 'NO WAY' and we are both relieved and satisfied. It's just a cool thing to be a tom boy. It's just cool being me. Being this way for me is the most natural thing ever. I may be pathetic at phones but i hope i do make it up with my craze and insanity about cars. Thanks to all my guy friends for making me a part of u guys, for sharing all those spectacular moments, making me feel myself, where i don't have to maintain a pretense, where i can just be myself and not judged and in fact be appreciated for the same. :D And an even bigger thanks to my girl buddies (of course i have girl buddies!! DUH!! I AM A STRAIGHT GIRL. How much more should i emphasise that?! :D ) for putting up with all my boyish streaks and still not getting annoyed and paranoid about me and NEVER ONCE judging me or shunning me.

Love you all loads and loads more :D
Thank you and cheers!!

The Phoenix
p.s. This article is just about me and hence all these are opinionated towards me. Kindly don't take anything personal and offensive. Thank you again :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment